All Natural Skincare Solutions for Sensitive Skin
Posted on February 08 2018
All Natural Skincare Solutions for Sensitive Skin
Have sensitive skin? You’re not alone. Though maintaining the beauty and youthfulness of your skin is hard regardless of your type, those with sensitive skin have a much harder time dealing with environmental pollutants, stress, and bizarre weather patterns. For those born with sensitive skin, the following 100% natural skincare solutions compiled by Keep Me Natural pros are going to be what keeps your sensitive skin glowing throughout the year!
But before we get into the solutions, how do you know if you have sensitive skin? Ask yourself the following questions:
At the end of your normal skincare routine, does you skin feel tight, dry, and uncomfortable?
- Do you get red spots, rashes, or have a skin issue? Further, do these conditions get worse when you are exposed to certain artificial dyes, chemicals, or ingredients?
- Does wearing makeup cause breakouts or leave your skin feeling icky?
- Does your skin react adversely to sun exposure? Do you tan or burn faster than others?
- Is your skin prone to being oily in the summer and dry and flaky in the winter?
- Are you suffering premature wrinkles and fine lines?
If you answered yes to most of the questions, there is no doubt that you have sensitive skin. The good news is that you can repair your skin’s condition using 100% natural skincare and following a simple regimen.
Beauty Tips for Sensitive Skin
Now that you know whether or not you have sensitive skin, here are some tips to help you heal the damages and reclaim a beautiful complexion:
1. Use only gentle skin cleansers
Once you have washed your skin with warm water (not hot), keep in mind the following:
- Don’t use too much soap. Lather up and wash only the parts of your skin that contain odor glands—armpits, groin, buttocks, and feet. If you have oily skin, use a sensitive skin soap (unscented glycerin soap, for example) on those areas of your back, neck, and chest.
- Beware the squeaky clean feeling. This means you have removed too many natural oils from your skin.
- Avoid alcohol toners. Dab rose water onto your skin instead with a cotton pad to have the same effect.
2. One word: Hypoallergenic
Sensitive skin is prone to becoming irritate when exposed to certain ingredients. This holds true even more when you have conditions like dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema. Therefore, you want to be especially critical of what could be hiding in your makeup and skincare products.
100% natural skincare is completely hypoallergenic, meaning it won’t contain any of the following irritants:
- No artificial colors
- Anti-aging ingredients, such as retinoids and glycolic acid
- Acne treating ingredients, like salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide
- Some sunscreen ingredients, like titanium. Stick to mineral zinc oxide products, since the protection is the best and always will not irritate the skin.
Of course, the best way to trust that you won’t have an allergic reaction to even a hypoallergenic formula is to a skin test. Try a little of the product on a small patch of skin and wait 48 hours to see if there is any negative side effect.
3. Watch your diet
What you eat directly translates into the health of your skin. Eating something you are allergic to could be causing hives or breakouts. Check your diet to make sure you aren’t consuming any toxins. Drink plenty of water, too. Furthermore, keep in mind that whatever you put on your skin also “feeds” it in a sense. By only using 100% natural skincare solutions that come from Mother Earth, such as coconut oil, essential oils, fruit extractives, and minerals, you ensure that your skin is getting the nutrients it needs to stay hydrated, supple, and smooth.
4. Protect yourself from the sun
While people need a certain amount of sunlight everyday, too much heat exposure not only damages the skin cells, depending on your condition, it can also cause rashes and other life-threatening issues. People with sensitive skin are especially prone to harmful ultraviolet rays. Never spend time in the sun without some form of protection. Use a sunscreen containing mineral zinc oxide and provides full spectrum coverage. Also, don’t forget a hat and sunglasses.
5. Always apply moisturizer
An essential part of every sensitive skincare regimen is moisturizer. Don’t leave home without it! An example of a 100% natural solution for sensitive skin is KMN’s Jojoba Milk Lotion, which has organic ingredients like oatmeal, aloe vera, and vitamin E for locking in hydration and calming irritated skin.
100% natural skincare is more than just aloe vera. Using these tips and taking some extra consideration about the beauty products you are selecting will help you regain control and make you more comfortable in your own skin.
Keep Me Natural has a number of 100% natural skincare products available to help you soothe your sensitive skin and feel as beautiful outside as you already are within!